MsGardenia.com Disclosure Policy
Ms. Gardenia’s Speech Room is a personal blog written and edited by Darla Gardner. For questions about this blog, please contact: Darla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: I always try and note when affiliate links are present, but for disclosure purposes, assume that any link you click on is an affiliate link. This means that I will earn a small commission if you decide to purchase the product linked to.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has guidelines regarding endorsements and testimonials to protect you from misleading advertising that’s been paid for by a company. Because Ms. Gardenia’s Speech Room blog provides me a tertiary income and does occasionally include endorsements and testimonials, it’s important to disclose the following:
I only endorse and promote products I trust and use for myself.
- One reason for this blog is to provide information to Speech Therapists regarding all things relevant to providing speech therapy. As such, it may be used to promote products, services, or other businesses.
- I only share and promote products/services/businesses that I have actually used and that believe could be beneficial to you.
- Affiliate links are used in some posts where I make a small percentage of each sale. Even though I refer to this as a tertiary source of income, it is really something different. All affiliate links found on Ms. Gardenia’s Speech Room result in me making a small percentage of a sale that the retailer pays when someone buys a product through an affiliate link. Since I only use affiliate links through the Amazon Associates Program, this allows me to receive these funds in an Amazon Gift Card. I use these gift cards to purchase books, activities, organizational tools, etc. that I use in Speech Therapy. If the product helps, I let my readers know about it. So, although this is perceived as income, it actually serves to further the purpose of my site. This process is possible because the third-parties pay the percentage of the sale, never the reader. Affiliate links on Ms. Gardenia’s Speech Room never result in additional charges or cost you anything extra.
- Mentions of related products/services/businesses within the content of my blog may or may not be noted as an affiliate in every reference.
- Products provided to me for review are given free of charge. However, this doesn’t guarantee a positive review – I always review honestly and openly. I do not endorse or post about products I don’t believe in.
Ways that i receive remuneration:
1. Affiliate Links
Most of my posts are centered around creative ways to provide therapy or ways to make a Speech Therapist’s life a little easier. When applicable I show products I recommend by linking to those items on affiliate sites. These links are a helpful way to show which products I am using in my practice so you know what to look for no matter where you shop. I make a small percentage of a sale that the retailer pays, never a reader.
Amazon.com: Ms. Gardenia’s Speech Room is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising (at no additional cost to you) and linking to Amazon.com.
2. Sponsored Posts
I am sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites, and various other topics. Even though I sometimes receive compensation for posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
3. Amazon Associates
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This disclosure is subject to change without notice and was last updated on Friday, November 20, 2020. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at email@example.com